My Current Weight Loss

Monday, August 13, 2007

I survived the week!

Sorry about not writing all week... it has been beyond busy!

Monday-Wednesday of last week I worked major overtime so that I could take some time off to visit with my parents. I picked them up from the airport on Thursday afternoon. If I had really tried, I probably could have made it to my WW meeting... but, I would have felt super guilty dropping them off at my house, without a vehicle, and leaving for an hour and a half. So, I skipped it. I did really well (all things considered) with eating during the visit. The first night we went to the best Italian place ever - Carrabba's. And boy was it yummy! I ate pretty well all during the day, and with all of the walking I did earlier in the week (and that morning) I had earned a massive number of activity points (basically, extra food points), so I think was well within my allotment, even though it was not even close to healthy. Friday I worked until about 2:00, then hung out with the family. Friday night we BBQ'd buffalo burgers... and they were yummy! I only had one, with low-fat cheese and a whole-grain bun. Saturday morning we went to IHOP and I had the famous 600-calorie breakfast. That night we went out and had steaks... you should have seen the surprise on my parents' faces when I told them a serving was about 3 ounces! hahaha I got the smallest portion (7 oz) and probably ate about 5oz of it. I got green beans and some french fries as sides... Not the worst meal in the world. And then Sunday was our engagement party. It was a ton of fun! My parents got to meet Matt's parents and his whole family, which was great. I opted to eat the grilled chicken and salad instead of the burgers and baked beans. And, I had to splurge and have a piece of cake! (They got us a delicious cake that had a picture of Matt and I on it! SO cute!) Overall, I think I handled it all pretty darn well. It was great to visit with family... and now it's time to get back to normal! :)

Whew! That was sure one big paragraph all about food. Luckily, it was about my good choices, as opposed to a depressing account of my screw-ups! :) The scale hasn't gone down a whole lot... but, I'm hoping for a decent drop tomorrow or the next day. That would be nice!

Anyhow, I hope you all had/have a great week!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. Congrats again on your engagement! It sounds like you made some smart choices. The reality is that we don't always have control over what's available to us in terms of food, so learning how to make good choices is really important. I'm happy for you!

Rob Tucker said...

Definitely a good week - just start anew with another week just like it. You're definitely on track. Very cool!

Melissa said...

Congrats on your engagement! I can imagine how tough some of those choices may have been, good job :)

Kristen said...

This is real life. You are going to have BBQ's, Carabbas (yum) and cake sometimes. It's up to you to make the better choices during these times. Just remember how good you'll feel when you're done...compared to how crappy and unsatisfied you'll feel if you've overindulged.

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's the small steps that lead to big results. Looks like you made good decisions despite lots of temptation! :)

Rob Tucker said...

Hey, how you doing over there? Need your weigh in for this week :) Hope things are going strong!