My Current Weight Loss

Monday, August 6, 2007

Averages are good...

Since we all started the August challenge, I've been weighing myself on my home scale (about 1.5 lbs heavier than the weight watchers scale) every morning and doing the 5-day average thing. I think this is helping a lot. I haven't lost a ton (about 1.4 lbs so far this week) but it seems to keep me on track a lot more. Doing the once-a-week WW weigh in left a lot of wiggle room. If I wanted something bad to eat on Friday, I'd eat it because I had 6 days left before my next weigh in to make up for it. And rarely did I end up making up for it! But, weighing every day doesn't give that option, which has been keeping me on track.

This weekend I did one of my workout videos and it kicked my butt. I couldn't even finish the whole thing! It probably wasn't smart for me to jump in and do it without watching the whole video first, because I didn't pace myself very well. Hopefully next time will be easier.

Tomorrow and Wednesday I am going to get quite the workout... I am doing a parking study for Denver Union Station. That means that in the next two days, I have to walk all four sides of 57 blocks downtown (including the Coors Field lots) to count the number of parking spots available/occupied. That's a lot of walking! As long as the weather cooperates it should be good.

That's all of the good news. The bad news is that my parents are flying in on Thursday. On Sunday, Matt's family is throwing us an engagement party so our families can meet. My parents go home on Monday and Matt's parents stay until Tuesday or Wednesday. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about everything I just mentioned... but it also means I have 6 full days of company and a party to throw a major wrench into my eating habits. I know I will make decent choices... it's just going to be tough! Wish me luck! :)

*EDIT: Previously, I said my scale read lighter than WW... I had it backwards... it is actually heavier.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

You'll do fine. Fill up on the good-for-you stuff and nibble on the stuff you really want but shouldn't have. :)

Rob Tucker said...

That's what so great about the 5-day thing. People always tell me to not weight in every day, but it's all about accountability.

Stepping on that scale every day doesn't give you wiggle room, which will result in less JIGGLE room!

Dave said...

Do what Beck says and we will crush the competition :)

David said...

Great blog !

+1 on the 5 day average. It tends to keep my food impulses in check as i know i have a weigh-in every morning now !

Rebecca said...

Weighing in every day definitely keeps you more accountable. When I first started doing WW, I only weighed there, but after a while I started weighing myself at home every day. They say that daily weigh-ins help longterm weight loss success.

Dave said...

Hey Lacy, how's it going?

Rob posted about giving our teams names, and I suggested "Transformers" for us since we ARE transforming ourselves :)

Check out his blog