My Current Weight Loss

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Holy Monkeys!

I had no idea it had been so long since my last post! Last night Matt said "You know, you haven't posted a blog in like 2 weeks"... and I said, "No... I posted one last Tuesday!". Well, he was right! It was the Tuesday before! Whoops.

Most of the reason I haven't been keeping up is because I used to do it at work, and at my new job, I can't (well, I really really shouldn't... even though I am right now!).

I've been eating fairly well, I just haven't been exercising, and I have no real excuse. But, last night I bought some workout DVDs so that I can do it at home, and can't use the weather as an excuse! We will see if that helps.

Last week I got some big-time-bummer news. Apparently I have high blood pressure. Yay for me. Did I mention I'm only 24? Yeah. Double Yay for me. I found this out at the gynecologist, and she wants me to go to a general practitioner to see about getting on some medication. I also had to go buy a home monitor to check my blood pressure every day. I feel like I'm 70 years old! It sucks. And I'm not a happy camper. But, that's what I get for letting myself get this way, right? Now it's time to turn it around and make it go away!

I'll really make more of an effort to blog. Then I have to come up with things to blog about! Sometimes that's the hardest part! :)

Thanks for yelling at me and telling me to come back. Although, I didn't get my normal yell from Rob... weird. :) I hope everyone has a great week!

7 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

You know, I was just going through blogs again and was thinking about going off on a bunch of the team who hasn't blogged in a while - you're now off the hook (for now) ;)

The blood pressure is something that really can be affected by weight - as it comes down, so will the BP. I blogged about this a few months ago, I improved mine from the point of being threatened by blood pressure pills to almost perfect blood pressure.

It's a good reminder that we're not just doing this whole thing for vanity, you know?

Ripx180 said...

hey welcome back to blogging. I got the news from the doc when I was 29 that I had high blood pressure. they put me on meds too and it really made me think. They say with diet and exercise many people can get off the meds (unless you are genetically inclined to have it). Anyway that would be huge bonus to not have to take them so add it to your list of reasons to get in shape. Do it for your soon to be husband, any unborn children you may have, for a long healthy life, and most importantly for yourself. Anyway glad to see you back and don't forget to crank up one of those DVDs tonight and sweat a little.

Melissa said...

My sister was on high blood pressure meds, and as soon as you started dropping weight..she soon was able to drop the meds to. This gives you one more reason right to keep along the path you are. :)

What video did you get? I was just looking online and trying to decide what new video to get..Ive always been a sucker for Cindy Crawford tapes. I dont know why!

Kristen said...

Nothing like being blindsided about blood pressure at the gyno's.

Unrelated...but it's a funny gyno story anyways...

My friend has really ugly feet and the doctor actually said "WHOA" when he looked at her feet in the stirrups. Then the nurse had to come over to check them out and was equally shocked.

Oooh...shiny thing...

Rebecca said...

That's too bad about your BP, but at least you could tell your doctor that you are already working on it!

Rebecca said...

LOL at Kristen's 'shiny thing' story... I hate feet, so I could totally see myself doing that if I was the Dr!

Unknown said...

Hey Lacy! I'm just trying to make the rounds and visit the blogs after feeling like I've been gone for ages! ha Just wanted to say congrats on how much you've lost so far! Thanks for the info on IHOP- I love them!