My Current Weight Loss

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

So, I just ran (well, more like walked/jogged) my second mile... my time? 15:12:24. That is a 40.28 second improvement from Saturday! I think I should contribute a fair amount of the improvement to the fact that it is about 8-10 degrees cooler this morning than last time. And, while I definitely pushed myself (I was seriously considering just walking the last 1/4 mile, but didn't), I'm not quite as wiped out as I was last time.

I'm also proud that I went out and did it at all. I kind of killed my back last night wrestling with a dog (long story) and it still hurt quite a bit this morning. That easily could have been an excuse (besides the fact that it's hot... and it's a holiday... and everything else) to not do it... but, instead, I stretched out, warmed up, and went out and did it. Along the way, there was a group of 5 older people walking along the sidewalk... this was near the 3/4 mark where I wanted to give up.... Anyhow, part of me said "Alright! A reason that I can't run anymore! I'll just walk behind them and not disturb them." (For those of you who don't know me, I'm very much one of those people who will inconvenience myself before I bother anyone else... like always taking the aisle seat on a plane so that I don't have to ask anyone to move, even though I have to move for them... weird). Sorry for the detour. In any event, I told myself that I was just making excuses, and I started jogging and just said "excuse me" as I passed them by. Yay me. :)

So, tonight I am going to a Rockies vs Mets game with Matt and his family. His mom mentioned eating dinner at the game... which is not a good thing for me. So, I'm going to do everything I can to make sure I'm at home before the game and I can eat something before I go. I may still take a bite of whatever Matt gets, but I won't go overboard or lose sight of my next goal... 10 lbs here I come!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Lacy, that sounds AWESOME! Very similar to how I started out.

Anonymous said...

Lacy, that's awesome! I was so proud to see you not giving in to rather reasonable excuses. Awesome job!

Rob Tucker said...

40 seconds is a great improvement. Be proud of that!

I'm glad to see the FAT Coalition members leaning towards doing more running - it's such a challenge for me, and I know how much I'm benefiting from it. Great blog!

Rebecca said...

I totally get the inconveniencing yourself thing - I'm like that too. So I'm proud of you for saying excuse me and going around them, and shaving almost a minute of your time in the process. Well done!