My Current Weight Loss

Friday, March 30, 2007

Day 1 - 281.2

So, my first weight-watchers meeting was great, aside from the fact that I weighed in at 281.2 lbs. But, as one of the other members said, that was the last time I'll ever have to see that number, which is a great feeling.

The key thing I took from the meeting was a phrase someone brought up - Progress, not perfection. It sounds so simple, but it was really profound for me. I was always the perfectionist - if I screwed up and ate a cookie, well, my diet was over. It was either perfection or failure, with no middle-ground. And last night I realized how ridiculous that is. No one is perfect, and having that mind-set only sets you up for failure. I feel so much more motivated and empowered with those words in the back of my mind. Yes, I ate a mini-candy today... but that's okay. I accounted for it, I'm still within my points for the day, and it's not the end of the world.

I know it's just the begining, and everyone always has so much motivation and energy at the start of a "diet" or workout plan... but this time just feels different. I have the "I can" attitude as opposed to the "this is so overwhelming and impossible" attitude. I'm actually excited to eat right and exercise this weekend - and that is definitely a first for me!!!

-A funny side note: Last night I wouldn't let my boyfriend Matt see my weight-watchers card with my current weight in it.... yet, I sent him the link to this blog, which clearly displays my weight! Yeah, I was thinking on that one! hahaha

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Love the attitude, you're going to do great.

If you want to join the Coalition, just let me know and I'll set you up.

You've got the right idea - a team of support does wonders. Let me know!

Unknown said...

Found your blog this morning through your comment on Rob's blog.

Your attitude is great! lol about sending the link- sounds like something I would do :o) Sounds though like you have a good boyfriend who loves you no matter what! :o)

Suz said...

That is a HOOT about sending the blog link to your boyfriend :o)

My hubby has never known my weight, not even when I was much thinner (in the very beginning). It's just one of those little marriage mysteries we have. So, that's why I'm not posting my weight on the blog because I don't want him to see it :o)