My Current Weight Loss

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Day 2

It's a gorgeous Saturday morning and things are super. I'm in the process of moving in with my boyfriend (just starting, actually) so I have plenty of reasons to keep moving - ie: packing/unpacking boxes. This morning I got up, packed a few boxes, and then headed over to Matt's to unpack them. Previously, I would have counted that as my workout... but, I put in 20 minutes on the bike and feel great about it! It's been a while since I've done any dedicated exercise, so the 20 minutes was a stretch... but I'm glad I could do that much. When I started, I thought I was going to die after 3 minutes... but then I set the goal of 100 calories. When I was getting close to that at only 12 minutes, I decided to change my goal to 20 minutes. And it worked! It was much more rewarding than I anticpated.

Last night Matt and I and some friends of ours went to TGIFridays... they've been advertising the smaller portions for less money (score for me!) so I ordered one of those. I was trying to be very conscious of when I was actually full, and surprised myself when I only ate about 2/3 of it. I used to be able to eat all of the full-sized portions. Yeah, something is definitely changing.

Today should be a good day... I have a great, healthy meal planned for dinner that even Matt is excited about (Matt being the pickiest eater on the planet!), and we have lots of shopping/errands to get done today, which means extra exercise!

I've decided not to weigh myself every single day. I did that previously and it only motivates me when the number is smaller, not when it's the same or higher. So, I think I'll just stick to the once-a-week weigh ins at weight watchers and see how that goes.

And a big thanks to those of you leaving me comments and reading my blog! I'm already seeing how much that extra support is helping!

No comments: