My Current Weight Loss

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

FYI - My Ass is HUGE

So, I went wedding dress shopping tonight. Did I find THE dress? No. But, I did discover that my butt is gigantic. How often do you look at your own behind straight on? I don't think I ever have.... because if I had, I would have stopped eating right that second. It was kind of like its own entity... like "Hey, there's Lacy... and there's her ass".

So, it was a good night and a bad night... I tried on dresses and veils and even jewlery... lots of fun stuff. But, also kind of depressing. I'm mad/sad that I let myself get to this point... where even in a beautiful wedding dress I can barely stand to look at myself in a mirror. And, I was sad that I didn't have anyone with me. My soon-to-be Aunt Coni was helping me try things on (she works at Davids Bridal), so that was nice... but, I didn't have my mom or sister or best friend with me. Oh well. That's what you get when you move 1,000 miles away from home I guess.

Anyhow, I think this was the "motivating factor" I talked about in my last blog. The realness of the wedding, and the realness of my disgustingness (yeah, because thats a word) has set in. Jiggle Free here I come!

10 comments:

Jay said...

It's good to take an honest look at yourself sometimes. It can be very motivating.

Rob Tucker said...

Agree with Jay - sometimes you just have to take a true look, see what's there, and fix it. If you're not happy with it, you're doing the right things to change it.

Then again, we have to remember that we're all our own worst critics, so make sure not to be too hard on yourself.

billy said...

Well, I was hoping there would be a picture to go along with this blog, but I agree with these guys. Sometimes you just need to have those moments of epiphany to really get motivated to do what needs to be done.

Jim McCoy said...

A good look is important, but you need to use this to push yourself. You've heard of the stick and carrot approach? Use the thought of who good you will look lighter as the carrot, and use the thought of how you looked to yourself as the stick. Keep that in mind when you're making you decisions about your weight loss.

Kristen said...

If it helps, I went shopping and had the same experience - I still think my ass is HUGE. Some of us are just built that way. I try to look at it as a positive...curves are sexy :)

Glad you're finding motivation from wedding dress shopping though. How long do you have left?

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Lacy, I feel so bad for you! I'm glad you found motivation in your search for a dress, but that really sucks that you can't have your family there. I've been there and it totally sucks!

I know I'm not family, but if you need a shopping buddy, just shoot me an email. :) (Having my friends there when I shopped helped.)

Anyway, use that fire to keep going. Not that you're going to stop, but we all need something to push us every now and then. :)

Rebecca said...

ROFLOL... Lacy, if it makes you feel better, in some cultures (like mine) a huge ass is a good thing. :) Kristen is right though, curves are sexy, so don't be too hard on yourself. I have come to grips with the fact that there are some things about me that are genetic, and they can be smaller and firmer/shapelier, but they will always be there. But I agree that sometimes a cold, hard look in a 360 degree mirror is a good wake-up call and better motivation. Good luck with your shopping!

Dave said...

Glad to hear you are motivated again :) We are teammates again for this months challenge ...

Anonymous said...

How's it going over there, Lacy? Hopefully you're not TOO buried in stress. :) Can't wait to hear about your progress!

Rob Tucker said...

Hey Lacy - I need a weigh in for the challenge please :) Thanks - hope things are going well!