My Current Weight Loss

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Day ? - Blah

I'm at home at 2:30 on a Thursday, and I get Friday off, and my mom is flying in tonight... I should be in a great mood, right?!?!

I'm just kind of out of it. I've had a headache for almost a week straight now, and it's driving me crazy. It isn't horrible, but its there, and it makes feel icky. I couldn't fall asleep for the life of me last night, and now that I have a chance to take a nap, I still can't sleep. And to top it all off, I get to drive in rush-hour traffic since my mom's plane gets in at 5:15.

I am also starting to get frustrated that I haven't gone down a size in clothes. Yes, SOME things are fitting better, but I would have thought that at almost 15 lbs (hopefully 15 at tomorrow's weigh in!) I would have at least gone down one size! With my luck I'm losing the weight in my calf and my big toe.

Hopefully next blog I will be in a better mood... but I figured that with my mom coming things might get busy and I don't want to be called out by Rob to get my butt back to blogging. :)

4 comments:

billy said...

I have found that when you're just starting out, (still have a good deal to lose), It takes a looooong time for you to change clothing sizes. But then once you are closer to an ideal weight, it happens very quickly. I think it has to do with where the body stores fat and how it loses it first vs. at the end.

Kristen said...

I understand your frustation, but I agree with Billy. I started out at 200 pounds, and I didn't buy a smaller size until I had lost just over 20 pounds. I think it's possibly because I wore my size 16's when I maybe should have been wearing 18's, so my 16's fit for quite a while?

In fact, I think it was about 6 months before I got a smaller size. One positive thing is how great I felt in my 16's after I started to eat right.

Rebecca said...

I agree with Billy & Kristen. Don't worry, after a while you will be annoyed that none of your clothes fit right anymore!

Rob Tucker said...

You know I was watching the calender, right? You're lucky to posted today - it was a week from your last one! ;)

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't lose a size until around 40 pounds lost - goes to show that I was wearing the same clothes for a LONG time.. through the ups and the downs. You'll get yours, just keep working :)