My Current Weight Loss

Friday, June 29, 2007

Oy Vey! (+3.8 lbs, -12 lbs overall)

I can't believe I gained almost 4 lbs in two weeks! That's ridiculous! :( I sure am glad that this Sunday is July 1st, because this challenge is going to kick my butt into gear. I've already mapped out a route in my complex that is 1-mile long, so I'm going to start working on my mile times. If I could finish the month being able to run or at least jog a full mile, I would be ecstatic!

I don't know why, but gaining the weight isn't bugging me as much as I thought. Maybe it's because I knew I wasn't 100% on track. Also, I don't think I gained as much as the scale reads. The last improptu meeting I went to was at 8:30 in the morning, and my normal meetings are at 5:30 in the afternoon. Everyone weighs less in the morning than at night, especially when you don't eat breakfast first. So, I would guess I really gained less than 2 lbs. But, it doesn't really matter. I am no where near meeting my July 14th goal, which was to have lost 26 lbs. Well, unless I lose a pound a day for the next two weeks, it isn't happening! I'm okay with it though. As long as I keep at it, I'm going to reach my goals. It may not happen in a year... maybe it will take two. But it will happen, and that's the most important thing.

**EDIT: I also updated my weight-tracker at the top. Originally I put in a weight that I would be happy at, but I've taken that down another 20lbs to a weight that I will no longer be considered "overweight", which I think is a good goal.

1 comment:

Rob Tucker said...

I think that's a good attitude to have. I'm with you on the 'gaining weight' lately thing, but as you said, it'll come off - just apparently not on OUR time frame.

Just keep working hard, it'll happen.