My Current Weight Loss

Friday, June 22, 2007

Excited, Stressed, Tired, Happy... the whole bit

What a week this has been! To start off, I am WAY excited about the FAT Coalition's new challenge! The goal is to lose 10lbs in the month of July... Go Team B! I think we can totally kick Team A's behind! :) So, there is where the excited part comes in.

The Stressed part comes from the up-coming job change. Work at my current company has been very slow and unstable for quite some time, and I decided to look elsewhere. This week I got an offer at another engineering firm... not any more money, but its closer to home and it's a position that I can grow a lot in. I decided to take it, and my current boss is not a happy camper. Basically, he is pissed. So, now I have 2 weeks of dealing with him. Yay. Plus, I'm sad to leave everyone I work with, and it's scary to start a new job... But, I think it is the right decision. Let's hope so anyway.

Tired... mentally, physically, emotionally... the whole shabang. Between traveling for work meetings and doing after-work activities, this week has kicked my butt. I'm am SO glad it is over!

So, despite everything, I'm happy with where I am. Matt and I are doing great... I'm taking him on a surprise getaway next weekend for his birthday and our 1-year anniversary. Then, his parents will be in town and we'll get to spend time with them which will be nice. I'm almost done with all of the projects I wanted to do around the house, which is a big relief. And, it feels good to know that I'm finally going to have a job that I'll be secure in.

Oh, and because of my crazy week, I totally spaced my WW meeting last night... Yeah, I actually forgot about it until Matt reminded me and by that time it was almost over. Great. I guess weigh-in will have to wait until next week.

I hope everyone has an awesome week! :)

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Gotta do what you gotta do. I have a hard time when people are mad at me, but I'm trying to work through it. Sounds like you had good reasons for leaving, and I hope your boss gets it together so you can part amicably. As far as kicking Team A's butt... I think not! I'm glad things are going well in other areas of your life. :)

Marcol said...

Hey Team GOYAD member! Glad youre excited about the challenge. Youll do awesome. Hopefully the stress will subside. Oh yeah, definitely BIG congrats on the new job. Its exciting and fightening all in the same token. Youll adjust and I hope love your new job!

Rob Tucker said...

New month, new beginnings - in many aspects. Just keep working hard - you'll be exactly where you want to be come the end of July :)

Marcol said...

Hey Lacy,

I'll add you to the run-time challenge. You dont have to be able to run a mile or even walk one. You only need to want to get better at whatever it is you do. So, walk, run - youre in!

Anonymous said...

Lacy, congrats on your new job. Best of luck dealing with your current job while you're still there. Those last two weeks can be so brutal! You'll get past this, though. Just keep looking ahead to job security. That's golden these days!! Hang in there, keep pushing through the stress! You'll get through it. :)

Suz said...

Congratz on the new job and I hope your life isn't too tough sticking it out at the old job!

Also, congratz on the weight loss from before. I thought you went to your meetings on THURSDAYS, not Weds???? I always check in on Friday morning to see how you've done, you're confusing me!