My Current Weight Loss

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Day 54

Last night I had a dream that I weighed in, and had gained 5 lbs. this week. In my dream, I was understandably bummed out... I went home, and spent the whole week eating what I wanted. But, even while I was pigging out, I wasn't giving up... Somewhere in my head I knew that I just needed a break, but that I'd be back on track soon. It was a really weird combination of feelings/thoughts.

Anyhow, I'm not sure why that matters or what made me share it. It just seemed applicable in some way.

This has been an OK week so far. This weekend we were really busy... I didn't sit down much all weekend. No walks or workouts, though... I had hurt my back Thursday, and with all the painting/organizing/moving this weekend, I didn't want to push it and hurt it Really bad. It's almost 100% better today, though, so that is good. I also ate pretty well all weekend... Although trying to eat my biggest meal in the morning is tough. I'm just not that hungry... I always eat breakfast, I just can't seem to eat a huge breakfast and use up enough points. So, that isn't working as well as I'd hoped.

One of the hardest things for me has been trying to fit in workouts. It's not that I'm so unbelievably busy that I just can't fit them in my day... it's more about my priorities. Matt and I have different schedules... he stays up really late, doesn't go to work until almost 10, and doesn't get home until after 6. I go to bed around 9, get to work by 7:30 or 8:00, and am home between 4:30 and 5:30 (and I don't take a lunch break). Once dinner is cooked and the kitchen is clean, it's usually 7:30-ish. I spend some time with Matt, get my lunch ready for the next day, and then it's time to get ready for bed. I've thought about getting up earlier to workout before I leave for work, but then I'd have to go to bed even earlier, and cut into the little amount of time I have with Matt on weeknights. I don't know... re-reading this, it seems like I'm just making excuses, but I really do want to workout. There's always a way to make it work... I guess I just need to figure it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you throw in a workout between coming home and making dinner? Even a 30-minute jog/brisk walk/bike ride will do wonders! It's tough to make time for exercise, but once you do, it becomes a part of your day and you actually get thrown off if you DON'T exercise.

Good luck with the new eating structure, too. It's hard changing the way you do things...but that's when it becomes a lifestyle and not just a fad. Lifestyle changes usually mean permanent change. ;) Best of luck, Lacy!

Suz said...

Yes, it's just hard to make changes in your routines. You've had a lot of changes lately too.

As Thursday nears I always look forward to seeing how you did. I relate Thursdays to Lacy now LOL.