My Current Weight Loss

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Day 62 - Ups & Downs

So, this has been a week of ups-and-downs. My mom was supposed to come visit this weekend... she and I don't have the best relationship in the world, but I was actually getting excited about showing her where I live and work and all that stuff. Well, it turns out, she got some sort of infection in her eye and her doctor won't let her travel, so she can't come. So, I was kind of bummed... Then I talked to my sister (who, during the whole 5 years I was in college never came to visit) and she said she would like to take the ticket instead and come visit. Yay! Except, the airline won't let you change the name on a ticket. Even with begging and a doctor's excuse and everything, they just won't let you. So, she isn't coming either. :( But, some good news is that Beck invited me to go on a hike this weekend at Red Rocks, so I'm super excited about that!

After my weigh-in last week, I will admit that I had a big fat cheat meal... We went to Red Lobster. I had fried shrimp, shrimp fettuccini, french fries, their amazing biscuits, AND dessert. (I didn't eat all of the dinner, though... I ate the rest of that for lunch the next day... even on my cheat meals I can't eat as much as I used to!) But, since then, I've done good all week. I still haven't gotten to the gym, but I've been doing little things like randomly getting up in the middle of the afternoon and taking the stairs to the 1st floor, back to the 3rd floor, down to the 1st, and then up to the 3rd again. I'm definitely out of breath when I'm done, but I've come pretty far in just the month or so that I've been taking the stairs... the first day, I had to stop at the 2nd floor and take a break before I could climb the rest to the 3rd floor. It's all about little improvements, right? :)

Anyhow, I'm in a much better mood today than I was last time. It has a lot to do with all of the great comments I've gotten this week... One from Rebecca, a new blog buddy, one from Rob (I was begining to think Rob just didn't find my blog interesting enough to comment on! hahaha) , one from Kristen (which made me feel A LOT better about my early plateau) and one from Suz, who is always there to support me! Thanks so much! You guys rock!

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I know, I know.. I'm a dope.

But I'm a guy, I'm allowed to be.

I'll be here MUCH more often now :) Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom/sis couldn't make it out. :( I'll admit, though, I'm kinda glad because that means you can join us for the hike! :) (How selfish am I??) Looking forward to Saturday!!!