My Current Weight Loss

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Day 12

Wow, already Day 12! In the whole scheme of things, it's not very long at all, but it seems like I just started this yesterday! Not sure if that's a good or bad thing... hmm. :)

Easter weekend went well... I stuck to my cooking plan, and we had a very healthy dinner. But, as expected, Monday was the worst. I walked into the kitchen at work, and the tables were covered with cookies, candy, cheesecakes, danishes, etc... Basically, anyone who had leftovers from Easter and didn't want it at their house, brought it to work for everyone else to eat! I walked by the table about 4 times throughout the day without eating any of it... but, after lunch, I gave in and ate a couple pieces of chocolate. Not as bad as it could have been, but definitely not good, either!

I still haven't had a real work-out as of yet. My back was feeling better on Friday, and I thought I'd get a work-out in, but instead we moved Doug, which turned out to be a major workout in itself! Then Saturday we moved some more, and Sunday we started painting the extra bedroom. And yesterday, all of those stairs finally hit me and my legs and shoulders killed all day. Today we are going to finish painting... so, maybe tomorrow I will get a real, structured work-out in. I don't feel too bad about not doing it thus far, because I've definitely been getting my exercise... I just need to get into a routine.

I also find that getting my water in is a lot harder on the weekends. At work, I keep a bottle (or 6) at my desk, and mindlessly drink it throughout the day. But, on weekends, we tend to eat out a lot, where I always get a diet coke, and the rest of the time we're mostly home, when I also drink diet coke or tea or juice. I think getting a workout routine going on the weekends will also help me drink more water (that's about the only time I actually crave water)... We'll test it out this weekend and see how it goes.

Two more days until my next weigh-in! I'll definitely have to buckle-down on the excess office food and get in some extra exercise in the next few days! I'm hoping to see some inches lost this next week as well as pounds... My clothes don't seem to be fitting any loser, which is what I'd really like... We shall see!

4 comments:

Suz said...

I am exactly like you - on the weekends it is hard to get my water and workouts in like I should.

I think you'll start feeling the difference in your clothes soon. I was surprised how tight my clothes must have really been before! I'm not down a whole size yet, but nearly. My clothes had just gotten really too tight. I also think the bigger the clothes, the more lee-way they give you, for some reason - maybe stretchier?? I don't know.

Glad to hear from you. I think you'll definitely see a loss after all that exercise of the moving!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you're moving, which is great! I know what you mean about a structured routine, though. It seems more official that way. Keep up the active lifestyle, though and you'll shed those pounds!

I'm HORRIBLE about my water consumption on weekends. There was a week or so where our water tasted like...uh...really bad. I couldn't even drink the tea I made with it! That's over now, thank God, so I have no excuse. Do you have one of those huge 32oz-ish cups? We've got a few of them and I just fill it up with water and drink it throughout the day.

BTW, good luck on your weigh-in!

Kristen said...

Good for you for abstaining from the snack table at work for most of the day. A couple of pieces of chocolate is nowhere near as much damage that could have been done. This is all about making better choices - and you definitely succeeded yesterday. One better choice at a time.

Suz said...

Hey Lacy, I'm thinking of you on weigh in day. I hope you get super news!!