My Current Weight Loss

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Day 6

Well, my back is finally feeling better... it's still sore, and I definitely won't be doing jumping jacks anytime soon, but I think I can get a mild workout in tonight, which will be great since I haven't worked out since Saturday! Yikes!

Today I'm really making an effort to get my water in. I buy those large 24 oz bottles of water, and I try to down one just on my drive to work... today I actually did it... now I'm half-way through my second bottle.

My official weigh-in will be tomorrow night, but today I have to go to the doctor and get weighed. I'm not going to put too much thought into todays weight, because it is a completely different scale, but it will be interesting to see if there is a difference between today and my last visit.

I've discovered that I actually need to make an effort to use up all of my daily weight watchers points. I'm definitely more conscious of how much I'm eating, but I think just making the switch to healthier foods throughout the day (like avoiding the candy bowl and soda fridge) is making a huge difference. It's day 6 and I've only used up 5 of my extra 35 weekly points... and the great part is, I have no desire to splurge tonight to use them up! :)

I really hope tomorrow's weigh in goes well... I'm really motivated right now, and a no-change or gain reading would hit me pretty hard. Not that I would just give up... it would just make next week so much easier if I had a loss this week! We will see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like I suggested to Suz, it might be a good idea to start documenting your measurements in addition to your weight. During my plateau last month, seeing that I had lost inches off my body made the ordeal bearable. It's good to see that even if/when the scale doesn't budge, the measurements are.

Good job on the points! Just make sure you're eating enough. ;) And that's awesome that you've been replacing the bad foods with healthy alternatives. That actually helps make this lifestyle change easier. If you can incorporate healthy foods into your everyday life, then you're totally on the right track!

Great job, Lacy. Keep it up! :)