My Current Weight Loss

Monday, April 30, 2007

Day 39

This weekend was great and horrible at the same time... Matt took me to Glenwood Springs, where they have the biggest hot springs in the country or the world or something. Very cool. We played miniature golf and Matt won by two strokes. (even though I definitely should have won... he cheated!) :) Then we had dinner, got massages, and relaxed in the hot springs. Such a nice, relaxing weekend! However, it was really difficult to get out of the "this is my vacation" mentality with regards to food. "I can have a pop, just this once, because I'm on vacation"... "I can have a cheeseburger & fries, just this once, because I'm on vacation"... "I can have dessert, just this once, because I'm on vacation"... etc, etc, etc. You get the idea. But, as bad as it sounds, I really don't think I did as bad as I could have. I didn't eat the best of meals, but I only ate meals... I didn't binge and snack and get so full I thought I was going to explode. So, it could have been a lot worse.

Last night I tried Suz's veggie soup idea. I made a huge pot of vegetable soup (onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, canned tomatoes, and tons of fresh herbs). I had a bowl of that with dinner, and it definitely did the trick! It was so yummy (the first time I've ever made soup) and Matt actually ate a whole bowl (he is the most anti-vegetable person I know!). Plus, it definitely helped fill me up so I didn't need as much of everything else. Thanks for the tip, Suz!

So, despite my bad weekend dining and the not-so-fun weigh in last week, I'm looking forward to this week. I'm definitely going to get some extra exercise in, somehow. And I'll definitely be eating very clean and healthy. I'm hoping for my 10lb mark this week!

3 comments:

Suz said...

Glad I could help you with that tip. It really works well for me, almost too well sometimes because I'll be looking forward to a good healthy meal idea and then I'm full of soup :O). But I just eat a little less of the other stuff and I'm still getting my veggies in. Plus that big pot of soup lasts a LONG time! I've still got 3 more gladware cups in the freezer!

Anonymous said...

How's it going, Lacy?

Gary said...

I gained one pound on my recent vacation but yes things could of been worse. way to hang tough on vacation