My Current Weight Loss

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Day 7 - 276.6 (-4.6 this week)!!!

Yay! I'm down 4.6 lbs from last week! I am SO excited! Now, I must make a confession... last week I was wearing lace-up boots because it was snowing, and I didn't take them off for weigh-in... So, I probably didn't lose a whole 4.6 lbs. But, I just tried to weigh them, and they wouldn't register on my scale... however, I have 3lb weights, and they are MUCH lighter than one of those.. so, my guess is they are about 1.5lbs. That still means I lost 3.1 lbs! Yippee! And, that's without exercising all week due to my back... douple yipee! :)

This will definitely keep my motivation up for this week. At the meeting tonight I also bought a comfort-foods cookbook, which has some really yummy looking recipes that I'm excited to make.

Tonight the meeting was all about meeting the challenges of the holiday weekend... I realized that its a good thing and a bad thing that I don't have any family here in Denver. Obviously, it sucks that I don't have anyone here to celebrate holidays with (aside from Matt). I definitely miss the family gatherings and such. But, on the other hand, there won't be any pressure or temptations this weekend to eat that horrible food. For one, Matt is Jewish, so he could care less if we have Easter dinner. Secondly, even if I do cook a nice dinner, I can make it healthy with none of those deal-breaking foods.

Well, its off to dinner... Thank you all for your support this week! You've been awesome!

2 comments:

Suz said...

Yay, how encouraging to have such a great loss. It sounds like you're on the right path. Have a great Easter weekend.

Unknown said...

Way to go!!! Congrats on the weight loss!