My Current Weight Loss

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Day 19

I'm becoming quite annoyed with restaurants. Last night I went out to dinner at TGI Fridays. I got a smaller-portion of a cedar salmon salad that was very, very yummy. However, I cannot find any nutritional information for it anywhere. The reason I'm so intent on finding it is because I want to know if it's really good for you or not. I got a salad at Chili's a few weeks ago, with what I thought was their best-choce dressing (a citrus vinegarette)... turns out the salad had over 40 grams of fat!!!! I think it should be outlawed for any salad served at a restaurant to have more fat in it than you should have in an entire day! The reason I ordered a salad is because I was looking at their "healthy" menu, and it said those menu items all had approx. 10 grams of fat and 500 calories! FIVE HUNDRED CALORIES! (for like 4 pieces of shrimp and some broccoli, none the less) Well, frankly, none of them looked that appetizing for the number of calories I'd be spending, so I got a yummy salad instead. I will be very upset if I find it is horrible for you!

Okay, enough of my rant. :) This weekend I got two workouts in... basically just the stationary bike, plus some leg-lifts and sit ups, and an emerassing attempt at push ups. For some reason the arches of my feet kill when I'm doing the bike... I don't stop because I'm tired or my legs hurt, but because my feet are killing me. I tried it both with and without shoes on, and the same thing happens. It is driving me crazy! If the weather would start behaving, I'd go for walks more. I think tomorrow it is finally going to clear up, so I'll probably do that. Plus, I'm STILL moving... we're hoping to have everything moved this weekend. I've pretty much gotten everything in boxes, and everything out of the kitchen, bathrooms and closet. So, I'll be getting more exercise that way, too. I've also started taking the stairs at work... I usually park on the 5th floor of the garage, so I go down the stairs, and up and down the stairs to the office (3rd floor). I'm not to the point I can go up to the 5th floor, but I'll get there eventually!

I'm hoping this week's weigh-in will be good. I've checked my weight twice this week, and it fluctuates so much I can't go off of any of it. Saturday night I was at 272.3, yesterday I was at 274.4. Who knows. I think it's just best to wait until Thursday. :)

1 comment:

Suz said...

Oh I know, it is so frustrating to eat out - a little scary to me!

Does WW give you an eating out guide? I know Applebees has some Weight Watcher items on their menu.

Good for you on getting some exercise in!

Tomorrow is weigh in day for you right? Here's wishing you low numbers :O) Everything lower than last time is a victory!!